Partners in Revitalization and Building (PRB) is a national, independent NGO founded in the year 1990. PRB is actively engaged in rehabilitation/ reconstruction, relief, and development in the north and central regions of Afghanistan. The agency is registered in the Ministry of Economics of the Afghan government under registration number 94 dated 06/10/2005. PRB is a member of ACBAR and a signatory of its code of conduct.
PRB supports this vision by providing services in the areas of Agriculture, livestock & animal health, skills training, community development, education, income generation, and Emergency and Humanitarian services. The agency conducts its activities through its head office in Kabul and field offices in Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jawzjan, Samangan, Sari Pul, and Badakhshan
To exercise authority, direction, and control of the organization in order to ensure its purpose is achieved, PRB is governed by two bodies, namely, the General Assembly and the Board of Directors.
PRB Constitution upon registration in MoE, PRB’s constitution was prepared according to the MoE format, which was approved by the said ministry. The English version of the constitution is enclosed with this document.
PRB envisions a country with peace and stability and development where people’s basic needs are met, social justice is realized and poverty is eradicated.
The mission of PRB is to work towards pushing a positive social change in society, and empower people and communities in situations of poverty, social and gender injustice, disease, illiteracy, and climate change To:
- empower and support vulnerable farmers and herders to have more sustainable livelihoods and diverse incomes.
- Enhance livelihoods and food security
- work for economic justice and Poverty alleviation
- React to humanitarian emergencies
- Working toward quantity and quality of education in Afghanistan
- Protecting the Environment for sustainable development and appropriate use of natural resources
- Endeavor for human rights, democracy, and gender equity
Values PRB will consider the following core values in all developmental activities as well as in its internal structure
- Diversity and non-discrimination
- Transparency and accountability
- Seek to achieve excellence
- Sustainability and positive impact
- Mutual respect and fairness
- Gender equality
- Develop agriculture, livestock, Sectors
- Improve the food security in rural and urban areas
- Improvement of women’s economic situation in a sustainable way
- Increasing literacy rate, community-based schooling, and vocational training
- Increasing the awareness level of people in the fields of civic, political, social, and cultural issues
- Preservation of natural resources and promoting a healthy environment
- Contribute to help people in emergency situations